Bridging the gap between in vitro and in vivo analysis
Developing novel cellular therapeutics requires a deeper understanding of normal in vivo cell behavior over time. Existing high-throughput cell analysis platforms are expensive and incapable of studying cell behavior over extended timelines. In comparison, in vitro cell capture technologies require harsh single-cell dissociation methods and cell sorting that can cause stress and damage to the cells outside of their in vivo cell culture conditions.
TROVO allows cells to be monitored under native culture conditions, enabling longer experimental timelines and cell behavior analysis.
More flexibility in experimental design with biologically meaningful cell culture environments
Analyze up to 24,000 single cells
Culture up to weeks more than other systems
Keep cells in native culture medium
Plate cells in physiologically relevant conditions
Select desired cells based on behavior or phenotype
Collect data over longer timelines for each microwell
Visually confirm and enrich for viable cells
Work with precious samples without losing cells
How does TROVO work?
TROVO works with standard cell culture plates under native cell culture conditions. The open platform provides scientists flexibility to design experimental assays that meet their needs. TROVO delivers two unique modes of cell capture selection: microwell-based capture and free space capture.
Eliminate ambiguity and discover the best cells faster
Longer culture time enables greater confidence in data
- Culture and monitor cells for up to weeks longer than other systems
- Statistically and biologically more relevant to gain more confidence in your data
Figure 1. Birdseye view of microwells collected at days 0 and 8 (Green: Live tumor cells, Yellow: T cells, Black: dead cells).
Figure 2. Ratio of growth versus death of effector T-cells to tumor cells in the microwells on days 1, 4, and 8 (Effector:Tumor = 10K:100K). In this experiment, the number of T-cells and cancer cells are increasing over time. Bottom right quadrant illustrates microwells with greater T-cell proliferation and tumor cell death (black, inside blue circle). Top right quadrant demonstrates both tumor and T-cell proliferation over time (light blue, inside purple circle). Whereas the top left quadrant demonstrates an increase T-cell death and tumor cell proliferation (dark blue).
Figure 3. Analysis of microwell co-cultures for at least 8 days achieves more representative results compared to only 4 days. Initial comparison of co-cultures at day 4 suggest wells 2, 3, and 4 are ideal CAR-T cell clones for further development and analysis based on tumor killing rate. Whereas after 8 days of co-culture, CAR-T cell clones in wells 1, 2, and 3 appear to be the best candidates for their ability to kill tumor cells and persist without exhaustion and well 4’s CAR-T cells have exhausted their tumor killing capacity. In the final column, kinetic data presented over 8 days illustrates that CAR-T clones have unique phenotypes for their killing behavior. Longer co-cultures and more accurate profiling reveals this. (Each column represents the data collected on the same day. Green: Live tumor cells, Yellow: T cells, Black: dead cells).
Isolate rare cells without cell loss
- Successfully identify and capture rare cells
- No plate-to-plate transfers ensures no to minimal cell loss
Figure 1. Typical whole well image montage generated from single images. GFP-positive suspension cells were spiked in with non-fluorescently labeled cells. GFP cells were successfully identified (red circles). GFP-positive cells were individually selected for capture.
Figure 2. TROVO provides seamless identification and cell capture technology. Captured cells remain adhered to the culture plate while non-adhered cells can be washed away. Following removal of non-adherent cells, captured cells can be visualized on TROVO and then retrieved with a gentle enzymatic solution that dissolves the surrounding gel.
Cell capture screening services
- Are you interested, but need support in discovering your next great cell therapy? Enrich offers in-house cell culture processing of your samples. Our team can process samples for a variety of applications, including:
- High-throughput screening to select the best functional T-cell (CAR-T, TCR-T, TIL) clone for therapeutic candidates
- Find your best in vivo CAR-T in one month
- Have the ultimate confidence in your CAR-T screening data by using a technology and workflow that have been validated to be predictive of in vivo success in previous studies
- Decrease volume of in vivo studies required with in vivo-predictive Enrich Biosystems screening data
- Fast generation of cell lines and organoids
- Bulk cell or tissue sample processing for single-cell omics
Contact us with your project interests and we will respond within 1 business day.
Are you interested in learning more about Enrich Biosystem’s TROVO all-in-one platform? Fill out this form to contact us and a member of our team will reach out to answer your questions or set up a demo.